[thelist] DIV InnerHTML,JavaScript, and Forms...

Eric Langlitz elanglitz at b-d-g.com
Fri May 31 12:49:13 CDT 2002

Hey everyone, here is a stumper (for me anyhow...).  I am working on a form,
that contains <div> areas that are not visible to start with (ex: <div
id=²butter²>&nbsp;</div> ).  When a user chooses the correct button, etc, a
.js function replaces the blank area with a form field via innerHTML (ex:

Function changeMe(){
Document.all.butter.innerHTML = ³form field html here = Œstuff¹ and more
html²
}

Now, I know that innerHTML is a bastard in Netscape, which I really don¹t
need to address.  The problem is, the form shows up and works great, but I
cannot capture the form elements in this <div> when I submit the form.   I
can only guess this is because they really don¹t exist on the page...

Any one have a solution or thoughts?

- Thanks!