[thelist] Advice on page format

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 13:36:00 CDT 2002

Rebecca,

I don't know what your design and platform constraints are, but I would offer this as an idea to
mull over. I'm guessing your users are fairly familiar with the blurbs and don't read them often
or more than a couple times.

You could use the diplay style to hide/show the blurb directly under each form, with some kind of
button to say click for blurb. Then you could list out your items by category, and have the pdf /
doc link right after the name of the item. IE

Somesuch Form or Document :: PDF | DOC
[hidden blurb, shown when needed]

Next Item :: PDF | DOC
[hidden..etc]

That way the link to the item is right next to the title and the extra info is only shown when
needed, plus you keep your one page.

Just my .02, maybe if you can't use this solution it will lead you to something else.

Tom