[thelist] accessibility: suggestions/recommendations forcommercial site and coding standard

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Fri May 31 16:29:00 CDT 2002

Chris,

Well in that case.

Go CSS.

The best reason? speed.

You can get really small HTML files without the added cruft.

It helps you get your work done faster once you have a stylesheet.

Changes are easy to make.

If you know the audience and it is mostly MSFT IE then go CSS, you can
always LINK your stylesheet instead of @import fo4r older browsers. If
you stay within CSS1 then you shouldn't have too many problems.

You can even skip certain CSS where you know it'll be a problem. This
way when you upgrade again and older browsers are almost gone you can go
full-blown CSS.

When I first started playing around with HTML I started with tables and
they made me miserable. It is simply the most un-straighforward method
of doing things. CSS now, made my life easier, and in comparison, my
work better.

Samir M. Nassar