[thelist] PHP XML-RPC issues

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 15:53:01 CDT 2002

I've never explicitly seen these problems, however I haven't used
XML-RPC that much either.  I took a look at it before writing some web
services, and concluded that is would be better to write my own, which
I've been happy with.

To resolve this problem, I would first run the query function locally
and as direct as possible.. run it a few times, make sure the DB isn't
getting flakey.  Then, try to step through the XML-RPC calls one by
one, and see if, for example, the DB doesn't return any results, things
get thrown off.

Firstly, though, I would upgrade to the latest PHP version, as XML
functionality has improved dramatically.  Compile/build/whatever with
the latest libs, and you may see this problem go away.

HTH,

Hans Z.
New York PHP
http://nyphp.org