[thelist] Special chars on web pages

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 2 09:38:01 CDT 2002

> From: Hershel Robinson <hershelr at netvision.net.il>
[...]
> Any assistance as to how to rectify this is much appreciated.  The
> idea would be if we could figure out how to prevent MS Word from using
> or outputting these characters because all of the writers use MS Word.
>  I, however, do not use MS Word and don't know it.

ideally, running a search-n-replace to swap those characters with
their ISO character entities would do the job...

i recall somebody here saying that the culprit may be that the author
was using the unicode versions of the fonts on his/her system, and if
the user doesn't have the unicode versions, then no dice...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself