[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue Jun 4 11:56:13 CDT 2002

If the long lines at 100% width are a problem for some viewers, isn't it
likely that they use a browser window set at something less than 100% of
what their monitor will support?  So the graphics department's point is moot.

Personally, I prefer a liquid design that allows me to decide how much I
want to view/scroll.  It really bugs me having my browser wide-open and
only a portion of the screen used.  All that wasted real estate!

I say give the viewer the option with a liquid site.  Static sites
don't.  In fact, the 750px width hurts the viewer at 640x480 (about 5% of
what I see on my sites).

Norman