[thelist] DEBATE: Fixed Width Vs Liquid

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 4 13:31:03 CDT 2002

> From: Ken Kogler <ken.kogler at cph.org>
>
> > dunno if that helps any, since those are my numbers, but it is a
> > good point that not all 8x6 users surf full-screen...
>
> But if they're obviously missing content off the right-hand side of
> their screen, wouldn't a vast majority of them just expand the window?
> They might not be happy about it, but they'll do it if they feel like
> they're missing something.
>
> Right?

dunno...

i've been known to scroll right and leave it there, hiding nav, instead
of resizing... i've also been known to assume it's ad content on the
right until i actually start reading...

i've seen people do the left-right dance before they'll resize, too...

so, dunno...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself