[thelist] How do they do that?

Sam Richardson sam.richardson at outwide.co.nz
Tue Jun 4 21:49:00 CDT 2002

Others could explain it better then I but I'll give it a go.

The site page IDs are usually stored in the URL, take for example,

/news/animals/19283

Your story key is still stored in the 19283 number but is simplifed by
having the two folders above it describing it. (news/animals)

The web server is setup with a default page to load if no page is found in
the folder, that page can read the URL and process the content in the
database.

Does this help?