[thelist] PHP? ASPNet?

Means, Eric D eric.d.means at boeing.com
Thu Jun 6 14:37:17 CDT 2002

The simplest solution (and an excellent programming practice):

<tip type="VBScript/ASP" author="Eric Means">
 *Always* make sure to put
<% Option Explicit %>
at the top of each ASP page you write or maintain.  That will force you to
declare variables before using them.  There's still the problem that
variables are untyped (more correctly, all variables are typed as Variants,
which is equally useless), but it's tougher to get around that.  This method
will at least catch misspellings etc.
</tip>

Error handling pretty much does suck in VBScript - but then, it sucks in VB
(pre-.Net) too, so that's no surprise.