[thelist] Re: Flash detection

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Fri Jun 7 10:41:00 CDT 2002

> Which delay? There is no delay, just a quick check if Flash is installed and,
> if so, which version.

Looking at the code, I appreciate that it's probably more down to the
non-Flash PC we're using for testing this sort of thing than the actual JS
involved.  But I'm just not happy with the result (and in fact, it seems to
have got worse recently), so I was hoping that there might be a better way
of doing things without checking mimetypes, etc.

I suppose I'd be safest using a small Flash movie and a meta refresh to sort
things out, but this does mean doing different versions of the site,
something I wanted to avoid.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking