[thelist] Need Flash help... please

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Jun 7 21:46:01 CDT 2002

> Guys, I need a hand...
>
> I'm really struggling on how to embed a flash document into a page.
>
> Nothing advanced, just straightforward adding a movie to a page.
> I cant understand why it isnt working, I just used the code that
> Flash5 generated and it doesnt work at all...
>
> http://webdb.ucs.ed.ac.uk/medmicrocal/index.cfm?case=pneumonia&section
> =clinical&page=7

I just noticed something else that doesn't look the same as the Flash code in
movies that I've used, besides the <PARAM name="PLAY" value="true"> part that
I think you don't even need and maybe should be <PARAM NAME=loop
VALUE=false>. I usually put the Flash .swf in the same directory as the page is in
like this: <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Movie3g.swf"> and yours uses an
http://webdb.ucs.ed.ac.uk/medmicrocal/pneumonia/img/auscultate.swf address
that may be causing it to choke. Here's the code from a typical export and maybe
comparing the two will help:

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.c
ab#version=5,0,0,0"
 WIDTH=680 HEIGHT=470>
 <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Movie3g.swf"> <PARAM NAME=loop
VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality
VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=noborder> <PARAM
NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor
VALUE=#FFFFE6> <EMBED src="Movie3g.swf" loop=false menu=false
quality=high scale=noborder wmode=transparent bgcolor=#FFFFE6  WIDTH=680
HEIGHT=470 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1
_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

HTH!