[thelist] [OT] Compaq Armada 1700/7800 CMOS settings

Chris Marsh chrism at puffofsmoke.net
Sat Jun 8 15:24:01 CDT 2002

Dear all

Apologies for the off-topic post. I have temporarily acquired a Compaq
Armada 1700 and 7800. Before deciding whether to aquire these machines
permanently, I am looking them over. However, I can't seem to get into
the CMOS settings. I have tried all of the Fx keys, the Escape key, the
delete key to no avail. These machines were used in a business
environment, so I thought perhaps access to the CMOS settings have been
disabled, but I have no clue how to re-enable access if this is the
case. I have googled with no result, so any assistance will be
gratefully received.

Regards

Chris Marsh

<tip author="Chris Marsh">
If faced with a text file without the application to open it, data may
be recovered using a hex editor.
</tip>