[thelist] Netscape 7 and <alt>

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sat Jun 8 15:52:00 CDT 2002

> Netscape 7 is like Mozilla and goes by the HTML spec: it displays the alt
> text only when an image is not present. If you want tooltips, use the title
> attribute (supported by IE and Opera as well)

> >Does anyone know if Netscape 7 has fixed its problem of not
> >displaying <alt> info?

Thanks everyone. I have been using "title" on my newer sites but I have an older site (over 80 pages) that has 1) lots of images and 2) only "alt" descriptions. So, just wanted to check this out before I approach the client with the need for me to add these.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com