[thelist] preloading images in flash

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Jun 9 16:23:01 CDT 2002

Hrm ... I assume you mean SWFs instead of images ... read the
documentation about loadMovie and then load them into an invisible
MovieClip or somewhere where they won't be seen ... that will get
them in the browser's cache

... if you mean the Flash 6 Player's ability to load external JPGs, I
don't know.

>does any one know how to preload images for the next page whilst
>playing a flash movie? is it best to use flash actionscript or to do
>it in the html of the page via JavaScript? help would be greatly
>appreciated.
>
>cheers
>
>Giles

- Erik Mattheis