[thelist] Netscape 7 and <alt>

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Mon Jun 10 00:52:00 CDT 2002

Thus spake Laurel Nevans:

> I may be wrong here, but isn't TITLE a fairly NEW element?  I
> don't think it was around, or widely implemented by the browsers
> when the WAI guidelines were first written.

either. In fact, they'll crash NN4.x under certain circumstances. CodeBitch
has a page demonstrating the crash in NN4.0x when they're contained in a
of NN4.x until I either stripped away all CSS save text styling on all
parent elements of all <label>, etc. tags or just removed the tags.

Those were page with rather complex multi-column CSS layouts, though, so I'm
not entirely certain what combination of styles will bring down the house.
My experience was that it's best not to position or float any elements that
contain <label>, etc.

My point is just that the WAI guidelines don't necessarily reflect how
things work in the really real world.

chris.kaminski == ( design | code | analysis )

    People demand freedom of speech as a
    compensation for the freedom of thought
    which they seldom use.