[thelist] Site check/advice

Daniel Medley dm at lgcy.com
Mon Jun 10 13:47:01 CDT 2002

Shoshannah Forbes wrote concerning http://www.lobowalk.com/

***************
>  I have set the default link color in my browser to red. You changed the
> background color of the page, but not the link color- leaving me with a
hard
> to read result (red on brown- even on the lighter parts).
*********************
I'm not quite sure as to what you mean. When you say, "you changed the
background color of the page. . ." are you referring to the rollover effect?
If so, perhaps I should rethink the rollovers. Perhaps just effecting the
text rather than the background.

*******************
> * Main body text (front page): the middle area seems here like a lump of
> text, not easy to scan in this time of night. I suspect that making some
of
> the section titles stand out (bold text maybe?) will make the text easier
> read.
*******************
I do have the section titles in bold text. I'm using a style sheet to
accomplish this. I'm wondering if your browser, Mozilla 1.0 does not
recognize the style sheet. If not, it is good to know this. Perhaps someone
can let me know.

********************
> * Trippin'  page: the text to the right of the top picture is actaully
> tuching it. It could use some margine there.
This is a problem I did notice when testing the site in NN4.x. It was not
recognizing  my image margin settings in css. By adding an hspace to the
image it adds the value to the cell padding on the left giving it a funky
look in the more compliant browsers. However, after reading your concern I
did add a bit of hspace as a kind of trade-off.

Thank you for your input and advice and for taking the time to look at the
site. I do appreciate it.

Daniel Medley