[thelist] ASP Wishful Thinking

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at cph.org
Mon Jun 10 14:03:05 CDT 2002

I've got a directory outside my webspace, which is being read by the FSO
engine. It spits out a listing of all files/folders in the directory. Easy
enough.

Now the Powers That Be want to link to these files (mainly doc, xls, and
pdf). They're outside the physical webspace for security reasons (the files
are uploaded via ASP, so the directory they're in has write permissions on
it, and the Network Staff says it's gotta be outside the root of the
website).

There's no way to link to them, is there?

I've got ideas as far as how to sidestep this (virtual directory, perhaps),
but I can't just link to these files, can I?

-Ken

P.S. This is the official CYA (actually, CMA) email on this topic, so if it
sounds like a stupid question... :-)