[thelist] re: Yahoo Beta Page

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 11 07:15:06 CDT 2002

mini-d said:
> I can´t understand, why they didn't make a simplier xhtml 1, with css 1
> homepage... Why are they using arcaic way...

Uhh.. this is Yahoo. They have millions of visitors. their revenue is
largely dependant on advertising. Therefore they need every user they can
get. Including people using 4.x browsers and below. Now personally, I
believe they could still use valid code and that the code they're using
needs a lot of cleaning up, but there's no way a site such as Yahoo is ready
for css/xhtml layout primetime. Definitely not until the vast majority of
sites are using them too. Give 'em a few years.

Lach
http://members.evolt.org/luminosity/
MSN: luminosity @ members.evolt.org