[thelist] re: Yahoo Beta Page

Chris Kaminski chris at setmajer.com
Tue Jun 11 10:06:00 CDT 2002

> I really believe it's because of the audience.  They have to
> trigger Quirks
> mode, because of the enormous range of browsers and systems that
> hit them.
> But utilizing Quirks mode, I'd imagine it's an easier solution to
> developing
> cross-platform/browser versions.  And the lack of DOCTYPE is a
> quick and
> simple way to trigger it.

That doesn't fit with my experience at all. The only browser where
standards mode can be problematic is IE6, and you just add an XML
declaration and it go back to 'quirks' mode.

As one of the members of the WaSP Steering Committe v. 1.0, I find
it just a touch ironic that the same people who were wailing and
screaming a few years ago about browser quirks now insist that it's
/easier/ to code with them than without.

*sigh*

chris.kaminski { functionNewMedia :: <http://www.function.de> }