[thelist] Am I being too fussy?

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Wed Jun 12 09:23:01 CDT 2002

   From: "Richard H. Morris" <richard.morris at web-designers.co.uk>
   > Hard to believe, but last I heard, you can't actually
   > copyright "design".

   Try using the famous "golden arches" for an 'M' on one of your web sites
   and then see if you're right...

That's not copyright.  The 'golden arches' are a registered(?) trademark of
McDonalds worldwide, which is pretty much what it sounds like -- a symbol
('mark') of the McDonalds business ('trade').  It's closely related to
copyright, and they're easily confused, but they're not the same.

.jonathon isaac swiderski.
soon-to-be college dropout

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski      jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
    900 barton dr. \\ ann arbor mi 48105-1232 usa

   "What we have to learn to do we learn by doing"
    -- Aristotle, Ethica Nicomachea II (c 325 BC)