[thelist] Dreamweaver Codewriting

McCoy, Alan amccoy at goodmanct.com
Wed Jun 12 11:43:14 CDT 2002

:: You simply cannot get to know HTML, JavaScript and so on the
:: way you NEED to know it by using a
:: WYSIWYG ONLY - or even PRIMARILY.

+1 on all those points, Tom. When I first learned HTML, I pretty much
had no choice but to learn to code by hand, simply because there were
virtually no WYSIWYG editors on the market. Same with Javascript.
Dreamweaver wasn't around when I first started learning Javascript, so
it was a matter of learning from other people's code and then building
my own from there.

I have to say that learning code first has made all the difference, but
hey...I think we're pretty much preaching to the choir on this issue,
eh? ;-)

Alan