[thelist] PAGE OPTIMIZATION: source readability v. download weight

Eduardo Dominguez lalo at teligens.com
Wed Jun 12 13:39:01 CDT 2002

> but my question to you people is "what's more important? the ability to
> read the source easily through organization and spacing, or shaving off
> almost 10k (depending on the length of the page of course) from the page
> size?"

I'd say both. What you could do is to keep your formatted version and then
have a script in your server that removes all the extra space
from your file.

One of the drawbacks of this approach is you loose almost all readability
and if you ever need to edit the file on the server it will be a PITA.

--
edmz