[thelist] PHP cookie help pleeeease

Mike Stevens mstevens at members.evolt.org
Wed Jun 12 14:36:01 CDT 2002

Up until recently I've been using PHP 4.06 with no problems... got a new
machine and decided to install the newest versions of everything (PHP 4.2.1,
Apache2, MySQL 3.23.49) and now I'm getting a strange error (in all
browsers) when I'm trying to set a session cookie and a user cookie.

PHP Warning:  setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in
auth.php on line 47.

Line 47 of auth.php is this: setcookie("cookieName","","","/","",0);

Now, this very same function works in another page... the only difference
I'm aware of is that in the broken page I'm also setting some session
cookies (which seem to be working fine).

A search on google for "PHP Warning:  setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be
long" only shows me a list of pages that have the same error :-\

Anybody have any insight on this?