[thelist] PAGE OPTIMIZATION

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
Wed Jun 12 16:35:01 CDT 2002

rudy said:
   just my three cents canadian

which, as we all know, is just about worthless in america :)
(unless you're here in michigan, where the things are about as common as
geese. . .) (course, it's better now than when the exchange was about 3:5
CAD:USD . . .)

<tip type="managing the flow of information" author="jonathon swiderski">
Between the two popular lists I'm on, and all the other email I get, I see a lot
of website addresses and the such that I just don't have time to go into at the
moment.  What *is* one to do with all this useful looking information?

One thing I do is stow it somewhere where I can look it up later.  This gets it
out of my mailfile, so I can just have the stuff I need to come back to, plus I
can edit out all the mail headers and footers I don't need.  I then store them
in my web-accessible directory (for me, http://server/~me is just ~/www/ on my
NFS file server space), and I can get to them from anywhere.  So I have
thelist-tips, a bunch of tips from thelist that i've found useful or
useful-looking, and mail-list-links, whose title is also pretty
self-explanatory.  Now i've got the information just a few clicks away, but it's
not cluttering up my mailfile from the really important stuff, like that
reminder to get my dad something for sunday. . .
</tip>
(sunday is father's day in the us. . .)

Jonathon Isaac Swiderski      jswiders at cs.oberlin.edu
    900 barton dr. \\ ann arbor mi 48105-1232 usa

   "What we have to learn to do we learn by doing"
    -- Aristotle, Ethica Nicomachea II (c 325 BC)