[thelist] Hand Coding (was Dreamweaver Codewriting)

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Wed Jun 12 16:43:01 CDT 2002

>--- Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com wrote:
>> >Here's another point: You don't write PostScript by hand when designing
>> >printed pages either? <chop>

pixelmech, count the ">" in the above and you'll see I was quoting that,
not writing that.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

And as for the rest, there are *five* different postscript standards that
I'm aware of (three "normal" and two Encapsulated). The reason we don't
write postscript by hand is that it's designed to be written by machine;
it's a stack-based langauge, similar to RPN, which makes it a lot harder to
write by hand than HTML and easier to write via machine. Perhaps SVG can
fill that bill for the web, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com