[thelist] Validation > pressure on software companies??

Kostal Design | Sebastian Kostal info at kostaldesign.de
Wed Jun 12 17:44:01 CDT 2002

Watching this list for a while I realized everybody thinks that validation
is important.

I've seen valid code that breaks on NN 4.5 Mac. So the validator seems to me
no measure to assure correct page display.

This leads me to the conclusion that the only reason validation makes sense,
is to discipline software companies to stick to some standard. I am really
not understanding this otherwhise.

I personally clearly prefer a page that works and depreciates nicely over a
page that sticks to some standard which causes display errors. Please help
me to understand. I feel really funky, because everybody makes such a big
deal about validation and then in some instances the page does not even
display correctly! What's the point then??

Sebastian