[thelist] PAGE OPTIMIZATION: source readability v. download weight

Steve Lewis slewis at macrovista.net
Wed Jun 12 18:45:01 CDT 2002

James Aylard wrote:
> Steve,
>

>>FYI cellspacing equates to margin and cellpadding equates to padding.
>

>     In table cells, margin will (should) have no effect [1].
>
> 1. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#q7
>
> James Aylard

Oops, ya. I knew that.  Must be working on autopilot today.  *bonk*

<tip author="Steve Lewis">
When dealing with time/date stamps, remember that the server and the
client may be in different time zones.  It is important in these cases
to examine where the subject of the time/date stamp resides.

If the time/date stamp has more relevance to the server, provide the
server's time stamp, and be sure to identify the timezone or GMT offset.

If the time/date stamp has more relevance to the client in their own
time zone, be sure to display the client's time.  This is best achieved
using javascript and should consider the client's prefered formatting.
</tip>