[thelist] ie css

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Thu Jun 13 09:30:01 CDT 2002

>Does anyone know how to make the text on this:
>http://cs.oberlin.edu/~jswiders/
>not wrap round the graphic in ie? (and wherever else it may do so; I only
have
>ie6 on hand).

I don't have IE6, so I'm not sure what you're seeing. But here's something:

If what you're after is a blank column underneath the graphic, there are a
couple of things to try. If you know how many pixels wide your
"nothere.gif" is, use that pixel width to set the left margin of the class
"right." You could also use CSS-P to position the "right" box that many
pixels from the left edge, as well.

If what you're trying to control is which paragraph starts below the
graphic, style it with a "clear: left;" and it'll wait until the graphic
finishes to begin.

Does that help?

Have fun,
Arlen