[thelist] perl on the localhost

Paul J White pjw at bw3.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 09:32:01 CDT 2002

> Sure it is...sounds like either you don't have Perl in your path or you
> don't have the testperl.pl script.  To find out if you have Perl in your
> path type "perl -v" at your command prompt.  It should spew out a whole
load
> of information about what version of Perl you are running.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but I'm not so dumb as to bother the
list with a question until I have ascertained the obvious - indeed, my
original post said:

"Install Perl and make sure that the PATH setting in your
autoexec.bat includes the directory C:\perl\bin.

>>Done that"

and the perltest script runs on a remote server but not locally. Any more
ideas out there?

Cheers, Paul.