[thelist] Database Management based on NT Permissions (SQL 2k db)

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Thu Jun 13 16:15:01 CDT 2002

I guess I finally get to learn what COM and ADO acronyms stand for now... In
other words, I have a slight detour ahead of me

"Row level" permissions are going to be up to you and your DB Design. The
DB (with NT permissions) can be set on a table and column basis, but not a
row basis.

To get the user name/password, you'll need to interogate the HTTP headers
or use one of the COM objects to get this information. Once you have it,
you can pass that to ADO when you connect to the DB.
--
Anthony Baratta