[thelist] Interupting the holy wars for a moment

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Jun 14 14:49:01 CDT 2002

> I got "how to get loads more money out of everyone by sniffing content
> types" (well, ok, "Delivering Differentiated Services Through Deep
> Content Inspection")
>
> Strange.
I got the same thing as Jon. Packet sniffers such as the ones they are talking
about are kinda worrisome to me also as it's expensive enough as it is for
broadband for those in the under 30K crowd. Although, a lot more people
would be interested in what the people that come up with sites like the
following have to say once/if this is a reality. Of course there is also the
alternative internet like dot-god.com that doesn't use the US govt. root
servers for DNS. And DefCon will definitely come up with an interesting way
to handle this too.

http://www.dot-god.com/technical/test/surfing.html
http://freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Main/WebHome
http://www.obeygiant.com/