[thelist] Site check/advice part deux.

Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov Jonathan_A_McPherson at rl.gov
Fri Jun 14 15:38:01 CDT 2002

R-G colorblindness can refer to either the lack of red cones ore the lack of
green cones (since either will remove the ability to distinguish between red
and green) -- it could be that he has one, and I have the other.

Most the statistics I've read (multiple sources) place colorblindness at
about 8-10% among males, and about 4% in the population overall -- about the
same as the number of Netscape 4 users, if the stats on this list are to be
trusted. (-:

<tip type="Colors" author="Jeduthun">
Worried about whether your colors will cause problems for R-G colorblind
users (who may comprise as much as 1/25th of your readership)? There's a
free online tool here:

http://www.vischeck.com/

It can display your website as a color-blind person would see it.
</tip>

--
Jonathan.