[thelist] Re: Do I need a CMS

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Fri Jun 14 16:54:01 CDT 2002

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 02:55  pm, Techwatcher wrote:

> Third, convert any italics or bold the author used. I converted to 0EM
> and STRONG tags, but you might want to check his text. If it's academic
> writing and his italics normally are used for citations, use the CITE
> tag instead. Also, if he used underlining at all, check why and convert
> appropriately. (Many academic authors use them for CITE.)

If you possibly can, really strongly encourage the author to use Word
stylesheets rather than ad-hoc formatting.

Convince him that not only will it save time and money dropping the
articles onto the site, it'll make any print publishing he does much
easier (and therefore more likely) too.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,