[thelist] DHTML help please

Duncan O'Neill dbaxo at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jun 15 04:10:01 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I posted this question a few days ago, but no replies,
so I'll try re-stating it.

I have a page where I want to dynamically generate a
table using DOM methods. (
document.createElement("table")
document.createElement("tbody")
etc.

The individual cell contents are links written using
cell.innerHTML with calls to a javascript function.

My problem is the page layout. On a PC, everything is
fine, but on a Mac extra space is being added both
vertically and horizontally, making the table way too
wide, and wrecking the layout. I've tried everything,
including these statements;

cell.style.padding = 0 + "px";
thelink.style.padding = 0 + "px";
myTable.style.width = 200 + "px";

but they're being steadfastly ignored on Mac/ IE5 & N6.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

tia,