[thelist] Transversing a RecordSet from Multiple Tables

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Sat Jun 15 15:35:01 CDT 2002

Hi list,

I've got a search across multiple tables for specific records and I'm
getting an Object Required " response back from the browser. My guess is
that the object I'm referencing wasn't returned in the RecordSet. For
example:

if NOT states.EOF then
   states.movefirst
   if SBU.SBUName <> NULL then   <------------------<<<
     while (SBU.SBUName <> NULL OR NOT states.EOF)
	 states.movenext
     wend
   end if
end if

The arrow points to the line where I'm getting the Object Required Error. Is
there a way I can detect if the object, SBU.SBUName, even exists in the
RecordSet? As you can see, I'm just try to see if there is anything in it,
if so, then write something, if not skip it.

Any suggestions,

Rob.Smith