[thelist] Re:DHTML help please

Duncan O'Neill dbaxo at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jun 15 21:18:00 CDT 2002

Techwatcher wrote:
I have a page where I want to dynamically generate a

table using DOM methods. (
document.createElement("table")
document.createElement("tbody")
etc.

The individual cell contents are links written using
cell.innerHTML with calls to a javascript function.

My problem is the page layout. On a PC, everything is
fine, but on a Mac extra space is being added both
vertically and horizontally, making the table way too
wide, and wrecking the layout. I've tried everything,
including these statements;

cell.style.padding = 0 + "px";
thelink.style.padding = 0 + "px";
myTable.style.width = 200 + "px";

You're aware that the stuff surrounding content is padding then border
then margin, right? You have set border and margin to 0 also, or
collapsed them, or something?

Cheers techwatcher (Carol Stein)

Carol,

thanks very much for your reply. Yes, I *have* tried setting
the margins *and* padding to 0, but the aforesaid programs
seem to be ignoring it. I've also set links to display:inline,
so that they don't cause link breaks. But still, the problem
remains.

Any other ideas / suggestions would be much appreciated.

cheers,