[thelist] Problem with JRUN and Server Side Includes

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Jun 17 08:59:01 CDT 2002

David Appleton wrote:

> Well, I've just tested this and it seems to work ok on ie6.  I suppose it should work ok on other browsers as well as <% ... %> shouldn't be rendered in a SHTML page.  Just in case though, can anyone come up with a good reason why the following cannot be used in a single page (either JSP or SHTML)?
>
> <!--#include virtual="/_includes/blank.inc" -->
> <%@include file="/_includes/blank.inc" %>

FWIW, the

  <jsp:include page="/_includes/blank.inc" flush="true" />

syntax will be faster/less processor intensive since the included
file isn't parsed (unless the version of JRun you're using doesn't
understand it, which seems unlikely).

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --