[thelist] Opening the users default Mp3 player

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Mon Jun 17 09:46:01 CDT 2002

Rare - you serious - so theres no way - what if i just open it into a new
target - would that work?
As for *should* it be done - hmmm - yes - the user has shown an interest in
listening to an Mp3 then should that user have to faff about getting an Mp3
player open and then getting the song? Or should the user just simpply click
on the song which then automatically opens the default player with the song.

It would make it more user friendly and I think you can assume that if they
have an Mp3 player on their system then:

a) would know how to use it
b) don't know how to use it therefore automatically opening the song for
them would be ideal.

Shame though, would have been real handy if it could be done

cheers

Paul Backhouse