[thelist] Mac & Linux Site Check : http://members.evolt.org/burhankhalid/compatibility.php

Karen J. Bowen karen at miinx.com.au
Mon Jun 17 10:21:01 CDT 2002

Burhan Khalid wrote:
> 	I need a Mac and Linux site check for the above URL. Any
> comments are appreciated.

Burhan,

I'm not on a Mac nor Linux -- Win2k, Moz 1.0rc3 -- but there's a problem
with your Previous & Next buttons:  after the first mouseover, the
border is doubling up.

This is cos you've got the style set for the <span> but are calling the
setStyle/resetStyle functions on the <a>, causing *it* to get the border
change and so giving the button a double border.

Change the JS functions to:

	function setStyle(elId)
	{
		var el = document.getElementById(elId);
		el.style.borderStyle = 'inset';
	}
	function resetStyle(elId)
	{
		var el = document.getElementById(elId);
		el.style.borderStyle = 'outset';
	}

and the html to:

	onmouseover="javascript:setStyle('btnPrev')"
	onmouseout="javascript:resetStyle('btnPrev')">
	Previous
	onmouseover="javascript:setStyle('btnNext')"
	onmouseout="javascript:resetStyle('btnNext')">
	Next

You could possibly also put the function calls directly on the <span>..
not sure how valid that would be though.

Incidentally, I love your 2-column, 3-column options - would also be
good if it stuck with my choice throughout the site maybe..?  Nice work.

hth,
Karen