[thelist] How do I (SSI/PHP/JS)?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Jun 17 19:23:07 CDT 2002

Timothy Martens wrote:

> Is it better to just create six pages (redundancy) or use something like
> includes/PHP/JS to have the non-identical content load into the one page
> "template." Could I just have one PHP page with the identical content
> and use if/else logic to include the appropriate data?

If the various tables to be included weren't too hellaciously large,
I'd use one page /with all the tables/ included and then

  if ( late-model browser + Javascript enabled )
	show/hide tables as appropriate
  else
	reload page with only appropriate table included

One page to maintain (the tables could still all be include files)
and faster response for people with recent browsers ...

YMMV!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --