[thelist] Many domain names pointing to one

James S. Huggins (Evolt) Evolt at ZName.com
Mon Jun 17 21:33:00 CDT 2002

=================================
> This would imply that I could go in, register devilsperm.com
> and redirect it
> to microsoft.com for 50 bucks a year!  Okay, a fairly pointless and
> relatively expensive 'joke', but I still can't believe that
> this sort of
> thing is possible.

yes. you are correct. that is why (although i can't think of any
examples right now) there was a lawsuit i think from microsoft or ford
or something that was suing someone else because they had a domain like
ford-sucks.com pointing to ford.com. or something like that.

maybe someone else can be a little more specific with this.

Here is the link
http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=915

Note that it is being appealed
http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=985