[thelist] jsp homepage

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Wed Jun 19 11:53:00 CDT 2002

I second the motion that the hosting company has no clue. Personally I'd try
and insist that these guys couldn't design their way out of a paper bag, and
force them to feed me the data as an xml feed because their output is
incompatible with the site design, and see if they budge. Maybe they will
miraculously figure out how to configure their web server correctly.  ;-) If
not, then you would have an XML feed, without the need to show the user an
ugly url.
To make the homepage use the db...you need to know what server side language
is available on the server, and know how to access the database.

A simple frame will mask the url though and way you can at least retain
control of the content.

jon