[thelist] urgent: IE specific question for stylesheets/reload

Erick Papadakis erick_papadakis at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 08:15:08 CDT 2002

i need some help urgently from you gurus, IE only
answers are ok. this is for a lab study, so pls bear
with the weird requests. thanks in advance!

1. first, can i disable reload function completely in
IE? there will be no toolbars etc and right-click is
disabled, so to an extent users cannot reload. but
there is always F5 function key. :( is there any cool
function through DHTML etc? it is IE 5 or above.

2. secondly, if while popping up a window i say
SCROLL=AUTO, and the content in the window does not
need a scrollbar, then netscape does not show me any
scroll bar if it is unnecessary. but IE in this case
is quirky because it shows me a status bar which is
greyed out. how can i disable the scrollbar ENTIRELY
if it is not needed, and enable it if needed? any cool
CSS etc?

thanks so much!
erick