[thelist] Re: CSS article

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 10:58:01 CDT 2002

--- Daniel Medley <dm at lgcy.com> wrote:

> Arlen wrote:
> > Should it be set in px or em? *That* one needs asbestos gloves to handle.
> > prefer em, others prefer px, and there are extremely vocal supporters on
> > either side.
> >
> At the risk of asking a silly question; what about percentages and the pros
> and cons? I'm curious
>
> Daniel

I'm curious too. I switched my site over to a bluerobot.com CSS layout, but he uses PX values for
font sizes. While I agree that relative sizes are better for the user, it seems to me there are
nearly as many problems using relative sizes. I'd almost rather take the control away from the
user so I at least know the site will "look good" (from MY viewpoint) in most browsers.

But if there were a way to use relative sizes, I want to hear it because I'd like to do that.
Obviously CSS keywords are not the way to go, so what is?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();
http://www.pixelmech.com/