[thelist] CGI help

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Thu Jun 20 11:34:11 CDT 2002

>script not found or unable to stat: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/cookie_trail.cgi
>
>The problem is that the path it is looking at for the script is clearly
>wrong. It should be in /home/wwwtest/cgi-bin/, but how to get it to look
>there? I say it should be in that directory because I am working in a test
>directory on this before putting anything on the main site.

You could try "../wwwtest/cgi-bin/cookie_trail.cgi" and see if that works.
It might be disallowed by security measures on the system, though, as it
can be used to exploit other server holes.

Other than that, I suppose you could try using ScriptAlias (assuming you're
running apache, that is) to rewrite "/cgi-test" to "/home/wwwtest/cgi-bin"
and see if that helps.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224