[thelist] search engine placement

David Dorward evolt at david.us-lot.org
Thu Jun 20 13:14:00 CDT 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
David Prowak <prowak at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm using the meta keywords that I though would result
> in a simple search turing up results, but I can't get
> the site to show up on any of the search engines.

> The site went live 2 months ago, I can't get the site
> to show up upon using any combination of seach terms.
> Any good how to guides out there?  How do I get this
> site to show on the free search engines given a
> reasonable search?

Many major search engines (including Google and Yahoo) pay no
attention to Meta tags.

Did you submit the site to the search engines?

http://www.searchenginewatch.com/ might provide some more help.

--
David Dorward                                   http://david.us-lot.org/
HTML email is a bit like using coloured paper and glitter ink on a CV.