[thelist] Target=_blank or back button?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 20 15:52:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Chris W. Parker" <cparker at swatgear.com>
[...]
> GOOD: on a site like http://www.google.com/ where you might not ever
> come back to the originating site (that site being google of course.)
[...]

just the opposite for me... i keep my google window open, and
always shift-click so i don't lose my search results... after all, if the
first site is a JS-laden hack and i wanna back out, how can i if i
start getting errors, windows spawning, etc... at least with google
in another window, alt-tab and go...

point being, everyone surfs just a little bit differently, and seemingly
not with the same efficiency level, depending on their goals...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself