[thelist] Listing all form elements with VBscript

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Thu Jun 20 21:40:01 CDT 2002

I'm creating a simple checklist which needs to be tracked in a db. There
will be anywhere from ten to thirty checkboxes, all automatically
dynamically named. All I need to store and retrieve is the checked state of
each checkbox. Or actually, a simple list of the id of all checkboxes
checked.

F'rinstance, if I check boxes a1, s3, e1, e3, and e14, next time anyone
looks at the form those boxes still need to be check. But if they also check
a2 and s2, but uncheck e3, that should be updated.

My thought was to just string all the checked ids together separated by
pipes or whatever, then when the page is retrieved, parse it and write a
checked value for any id listed.

So, how can I take the results of a form and string together all the ids of
all checked boxen?

(VBScript, MS-SQL)

joel