[thelist] Newbie coder question

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Fri Jun 21 11:32:01 CDT 2002

--
I'm an experienced NT/2000 and Linux admin along with having done work in
Information Architecture and I want to learn some coding and I've been
looking in to PHP and Cold Fusion for a bit now.  I like the community
support, open-source nature, and smooth integration with MySQL that PHP
offers but CF offers a built in business logic, corporate support as well as
community support, and nice integration with Flash with server-based
Actionscripting (not sure what Ming has to offer in this respect).  They
both seem to have rather gentle learning curves, simple database integration
so I guess the big question is, which one is more marketable.

Does anyone hear have an opinion, experience, or advice they could offer?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
--
[ winmail.dat was deleted, please don't send attachments with your message. ]