[thelist] IIS5 virtual host problems

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Jun 24 21:52:00 CDT 2002

I've not experienced that but am a bit confused - by name based
virtual hosts, you mean you're using host headers, correct? Which
means several sites are sharing one IP, right? Or are you routing
multiple IPs into one box and each IP is shared by several virtual
hosts?

Have you run Windows Update in a while ... looks like this vagguely
describes your problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q273877

Sorry I can't help more ... is there anything that looks suspicious
in the Event Viewer?
http://www.iisfaq.com/TroubleshootingIIS/WebServiceEvents/

>I have several name-based virtual hosts set up under
>IIS5 on Win2K Server.
>
>>From time to time, the sites won't respond and appear
>to time out. If I hit any one of the sites by IP
>address, they all seem to "wake up" and thus respond
>immediately until a few days later when it all happens
>again.
>
>Anyone ever experience this behavior before?

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/

Through Mid July